General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

Bertini box...again....

<< < (2/3) > >>

Leo K:
Barry, what do you think of the M6?  I like this alot too, and feel the Andante is the most successful of this M6.

--Todd

barry guerrero:
I like Bertini's M6 very much - nice cowbells. But I like his TMSO one ever better. It's just a tad shorter in the inner movements, as well as with the finale.

bluesbreaker:

--- Quote from: Leo K on February 22, 2008, 06:33:56 PM ---The rest of Bertini's M7 doesn't disappoint!  And the M5 is revelatory...I think it may be my favorite M5 of all, at least in performance (there are better sounding M5's, such as the new Macal M5).  Yet the pacing of Bertini's M5 is near ideal for my taste, which suprises me somewhat, since I'm usually a "slow guy". 

--Todd

--- End quote ---

I don't have the box-set yet, but I do have the M3 and M5. I don't find the M5 any interesting, although with good playing and sound.
I like his M3 much more. But I wish the string and brass had a thicker tone in the Finale!

Leo K:
I think I'll try his M3 next!  I found it on vinyl some months ago too.

--Todd

sbugala:
Others may disagree, but for me his M3 is his best work in the set.  The trombone playing in the first movement, and the handling of the third movement, are impressive.  The posthorn playing and the clarity of the harps over an impressively built explosion of sound at the end of that movement, are superb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version