Author Topic: yet more cool Mahler releases coming . . .  (Read 6636 times)

Offline barry guerrero

yet more cool Mahler releases coming . . .
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:14:12 AM »
I see that HMV Japan lists a Mahler 7 with Kobayashi/New Japan Phil. on Exton. Could somebody try to round up some timings on this one, please.

RCA is issuing the classic Reiner/Forrester/CSO "Das Lied von der Erde" onto one of their mid-price SACD hybrid discs. That'll be nice!

Pentatone is going to issue Haitink's first Concertgebouw M5 on one of their super-dooper SACD/CD hybrids. I always liked that performance, but this reissue will be expensive (wish they'd do his first 1969 M7). I suppose we'll eventually get a sluggish M5 with him and Chicago. Remember, Mahler is ALL about loud brass.

Euroarts is issuing an Abbado/Lucerne Festival Orch. M6 on DVD, performed in the summer of 2006. Wonder if they'll give a nice closeup of the hammer strokes? If so, I may want this.

Man, has there ever been a greater time to be a Mahler meathead?

I've got a feeling that the Litton/DSO; Boulez; MTT/SFSO; Kobayashi (assuming that he does one); MTT/SFSO DVD from Lucerne on Euroarts (in my dreams!) Mahler 8th recordings, are all going to get released around the same time.

Offline Psanquin

Re: yet more cool Mahler releases coming . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:44:21 AM »
MTT/SFSO DVD from Lucerne on Euroarts

Wonderful news! I did not know it

Offline david johnson

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »
good.  i've been wanting that reiner.

dj

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »
I'm also interested in the M2 Norrington/Stuttgart Rso/Hanssler SACD hybrid coming out on June 30th at HMV Japan.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:20:32 AM »
Psanquin,

I seriously doubt that Euroarts would have received permission to video/audio tape MTT's Mahler 8 in Lucerne. It was an, "in my dreams" fantasy on my part.

Barry

Offline Psanquin

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:38:28 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Barry. I had dreamt to understand that your dreams would come true :) Maybe on TV...

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »
I'm interested in this Sieghart/Arnheim Po/Exton DLvDE (SACD), just released on the May 23:

I hope Sieghart will do a whole cycle...then maybe we will get an SACD M10th with the S/M completion.

--Leo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:11:33 PM by Leo K »

Offline Martin Bernhard

• TONCOMPTOIR
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 09:47:23 PM »
I'm also interested in the M2 Norrington/Stuttgart Rso/Hanssler SACD hybrid coming out on June 30th at HMV Japan.

It will arrive tomorrow here (from jpc), along with Ashkenazy's Respighi Roman Trilogy SACD from Exton and Bosch's Bruckner 5 from Aachen. I will report. Bosch, for those who didn't know did the german première of the newly revised Samale&Cohrs Finale of Bruckner's Ninth on pentecost Monday (along with the "normal" three movements). I was not there, but it is scheduled to be released later this year on SACD. For Bruckner informations, like always see best John Berky's site at http://www.abruckner.com.

best

Martin
Einmal muß sein der Beginn:

gesetzt unter die Wurzel des Schattens.
Punkteinsamkeit:
die findet schwerlich statt.

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
Perhaps you all Knew about this already...I just noticed (while looking on the BMV Japan site) a new Zinman/Zurich Tonhalle Orch./BMG Japan SACD M3 to be released on July 25th, 2007.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:20:45 PM by Leo K »

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 05:58:10 AM »
It'll have Birgirt Remmert too. She's my favorite deeply voiced mezzo in Mahler.

Ivor

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 09:19:02 AM »
and I've just heard the opening of a new M3 from Haitink and the Chicago band,recorded in concert last October,about to come out here in the  UK on 2 mid-price discs.

Brass in top form, a more feeling performance from the maestro,and a particularly quiet audience.

And thanks,Martin,for the berky Bruckner site. It's brilliant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk