Author Topic: Bad audio issue for the M2-Abbado Blu-ray Disc  (Read 5522 times)

Offline Freddy van Maurik

Bad audio issue for the M2-Abbado Blu-ray Disc
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »
Well, I was looking forward to receiving this BD of the Lucerne M2 by Abbado. But when I first listened to it, I was thoroughly dissapointed in the sound. It's not nearly as good as a 5.1 HD master should be.

Now, it seems Euroarts are confirming this, see: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mahler-Symphony-No-2-Blu-ray/14843/#UserReviews

That's a terrible waste of money... hopefully they'll correct it and allow buyer of this version to exchange products with them... but I've a feeling they won't.

Freddy

Re: Bad audio issue for the M2-Abbado Blu-ray Disc
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:20:42 AM »
The Lucerne M3 on Euroarts BD is great, by the way. And I'll be getting the M6 as well.

Soon, the M1 (coupled with Prokofiev's 1st piano concerto) will be released on BD, too. I might want to get that as well, but I already own it on DVD (still sealed though, so if anyone's interested...

Freddy

Offline Fafner

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »
I contacted one Euroarts guy which I've been already in contact several times in the past on this M2 issue, let's see what he's going to tell me.
The disc freezes as soon as subtitles handling is required on several players too. It didn't the first time I tested it on my Sony BDP-S370, but it does now with the same player updated to the very latest firmware. According to reports it does on Oppo players. It doesn't in my Popcorn C-200.

Offline Damfino

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
I read about this over at the AVS Forum as well. Really a pity to see such an inferior product release. One would do better to hang onto the DVD with its 5.1 audio. Reminds me of the first Blu-ray release of Ridley Scott's Gladiator.

Offline Jot N. Tittle

• Meine Zeit wird noch kommen.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »
Many thanks, Freddy, for posting this warning. Fortunately, I was able to cancel my order with Amazon. A close call.

. & '

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 08:13:17 AM »
Many thanks, Freddy, for posting this warning. Fortunately, I was able to cancel my order with Amazon. A close call.

Good. That's what I was hoping to do, warning people before they bought an inferior product. Euroarts really have to fix this, and this release shouldn't be out there. I'd welcome a new release, with good 5.1 HD audio, though!

Freddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk