Author Topic: Inbal/Czech Phil. M7 coming from Exton  (Read 6988 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Inbal/Czech Phil. M7 coming from Exton
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:04:28 PM »
This will probably be really good.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4243084
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:07:45 PM by sperlsco »

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
Re: Inbal/Czech Phil. M7 coming from Exton
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I'll buy this one at some point in time, although these days I have to swallow hard with the USD-Yen exchange rates. 
Scott

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 02:11:07 AM »
Yep. But maybe this one will be SO good, that you'll be able to clean out a bunch of them.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
I am really tempted to get this one.

I recently revisited Inbal/FRSO/Denon M7th and (once again) found it very much to my liking.

But this time Inbal must have taken even more seriously as it takes TWO discs! :o

To me the combination of Inbal & CPO is something that looks as perfect as I can imagine.

I can't wait.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »
Didn't Inbal's first one also take two discs? I remember the first movement being about 24 minutes.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »
Didn't Inbal's first one also take two discs? I remember the first movement being about 24 minutes.
Barry,

That's a misprint on the cover. It actually clock's slightly over 22 min. The total running time is about 77 min. so would fit on a single disc. But the Japanese company split it into two discs.

This time though, the new recording could be over 80 min. long.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 09:45:46 PM »
Thanks.

Offline alpsman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 01:34:08 AM »
 Hi everyone,

I heard Inbal and Czechs in M7 a month ago.
They were splendid! The begining of the symphony fantastic( the sound of tenor horn really a roar from nature), with great sound and mystery.
Inbal plays the first measures fast and without the separation of the notes for the rythmic figure. That is in contrast with his first recording on Denon 25 years ago. The two interpretations are different-and I like also the first recording. I wait with great anticipation this newcomer.
One hilarious detail: For the guitar and mandolin solos in mov.IV Inbal used one oboist(for guitar) and a violinist from first violin section(for mandolin). This is time for economic cuts  :D

Offline John Kim

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Hi everyone,

I heard Inbal and Czechs in M7 a month ago.
They were splendid! The begining of the symphony fantastic( the sound of tenor horn really a roar from nature), with great sound and mystery.
Inbal plays the first measures fast and without the separation of the notes for the rythmic figure. That is in contrast with his first recording on Denon 25 years ago. The two interpretations are different-and I like also the first recording. I wait with great anticipation this newcomer.
One hilarious detail: For the guitar and mandolin solos in mov.IV Inbal used one oboist(for guitar) and a violinist from first violin section(for mandolin). This is time for economic cuts  :D
Thanks for the report.

I too have a very high expectation for this new Inbal M7th recording.

I have a hunch that Inbal/CPO/Exton combination will produce a very fine Mahler cycle in great sound.

Can't wait! 8)

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 01:08:02 AM »
"One hilarious detail: For the guitar and mandolin solos in mov.IV Inbal used one oboist(for guitar) and a violinist from first violin section(for mandolin). This is time for economic cuts"

Yikes - I don't find that so funny. Are you sure about this? I can't imagine that he would record the work that way.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:10:23 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline alpsman

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 01:22:26 AM »
Barry Guerero,

I must clear a thing: The oboist plays the guitar and the violinist the mandolin. I do not mean that substitutes oboe and violin for guitar and mandolin.

Clearing this issue, I have to say that the guitar part must be played by a serious classical guitarist, in order to have a decent good sound. This is the way Abbado, Bernstein, Haitink etc, does it-as we see in dvds.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Alpsman. I couldn't imagine that Inbal would except such a state, so I should have figured out what it was you meant. I agree about getting a nice sound, but they're easy parts to play.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk