Author Topic: a proposition for anyone wanting DG's 2nd box set of all their Bernstein/Mahler  (Read 4680 times)

Offline barry guerrero

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/Drilldown?name_id1=7537&name_role1=1&name_id2=1033&name_role2=3&bcorder=31&comp_id=1800

I have a copy of DG's second incarnation of their complete Mahler/Bernstein set that's in mint condition. In fact, I haven't played any of it!!! (wanting to preserve it). If you go on the Arkiv page above, you'll see that it's the fourth item down on the page, and it sells at Arkiv for $192. It goes for just about the same on Amazon (last time I looked, anyway). If anyone wants this set, all you need to do is buy me the new Sony set, which goes less than a third of the DG set! I will fully guarantee the condition of my set. In fact, I'd be willing to let you have it first, before ordering the Sony set for me. If you interested in such a trade, contact me privately. Musically, I'm more interested in the earlier set.

Barry Guerrero
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:22:56 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline John Kim

Barry,

Why will you want to sell off the DG Bernstein set in lieu of the Sony set?

Yes, musically the earlier cycle is more consistent but the latter is excellent enough to keep.

Sorry I already own the DG set so can't help you....

Good luck!

Regards,

John,

Offline barry guerrero

Basically, I'm looking to just make a straight trade. So, value wise, the person getting the DG set would be getting the better deal - assuming that they might want to turn around and sell it (or it doesn't lose its value over time).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:14:49 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline barry guerrero

John, you're right. I've got back through some of these, and the remasterings of the DG set sound so much better than the original issues. This second set also has lots of great Mahler photos, so I'm going to hang on to it - just as you suggested. I have plenty of other stuff that I could trade (including excess Mahler!). Offer withdrawn.

Barry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk