Author Topic: New Version of M10 by Yoel Gamzou  (Read 11284 times)

Offline Tom Herbig

Re: New Version of M10 by Yoel Gamzou
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:22:11 PM »
we recorded this concert and will come out in november.  www.folipro-berlin.de

tom.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 07:31:58 PM »
hey thanks! That brief excerpt from mvt. IV sounds promising.

Offline gamzou

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 05:35:26 AM »
Dear Everybody,
Since I saw there was quite a lot of back-and-forth going on around here, I thought I should give you guys some direct information, in case such is required. My version, which was "cooking" between 2003-2010 was published this year by Schott Verlag (Mainz) and will be available later this year on DVD (live version of the premiere) and on early 2011 in its final and edited version on CD (label will be announced upon contract completion).

If you guys have any questions or require any info, I'm always at your disposal. There's so many things I would like to mention, but I think the only thing which would do the version justice would be a consultation of the score or a listen to the CD. So till then, I remain grateful for the attention and would like to suggest some links:

http://www.faz.net/s/Rub4D7EDEFA6BB3438E85981C05ED63D788/Doc~E0E0C0D74CEBB46C1BF06B08F7C57206E~ATpl~Ecommon~Sspezial.html
http://www.schott-music.com/news/archive/show,4722.html
http://www.npr.org/blogs/nprberlinblog/2010/09/07/129704622/yoel-gamzou-premieres-his-version-of-mahler-s-tenth-symphony
http://www.dw-world.de/popups/popup_single_mediaplayer/0,,5996750_type_video_struct_0_contentId_5996793_start_505_end_868,00.html

PS - to those who may have wondered and mentioned such doubts, I would like to reassure you there is absolute no arrogance intended in anything I have said or written. My interest, or rather let's say my absolute and complete dedication to the work at hand results from a totally selfless desire to achieve the best possible fate for this piece, which means everything to me and which I have always wished, to hear in all its grandure and complexity.

I hope, I have succeded in my mission, although I am convinced that the process is only at its start, and will redefine itself in the future again and again.

With best wishes to you all,

Yoel Gamzou

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 06:03:49 AM »
Yoel, let me offer my sincere thanks for your post, and welcome!  I salute your dedication, if it wasn't for musicians/musicologist's like you, I wouldn't hear the majesty of this work. God bless you.

--Todd
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:07:57 AM by Leo K »

Offline Freddy van Maurik

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 07:10:30 AM »
Yoel,

How good of you to share some of your thoughts with us. We could've met through Frans Bouwman, and maybe we will in the future. For now, it's nice to know that you're paying these Mahlerites a bit of attention  ;)

I already ordered (that is, I'm on the list) the DVD of your première concert. I'm really very curious!

Cheers!
Freddy

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
obviously Yoel, we're pleased that you're making direct contact with a bunch of Mahler nuts such as ourselves. I'll definitely get on board for the dvd, and wish you all the best with your version. Just from the very brief excerpt on your website, it sounds as though you had extremely good players to work with.

Just as a sidenote, I just saw a brief segment about the revitalized Jewish community in Berlin on Deutshe Welle TV. Of course, many of those jews are Russian immigrants. But hey, it's a start. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing the entire performance.

And Yoel, might I add that I very much share your deep feelings and serious concerns about the Mahler 10th in general. In my opinion - and I know that there are many around the world who would not agree with this - Mahler 10 is the last musical "acheological dig" of any real relevance or importance.
Barry Guerrero
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:24:07 AM by barry guerrero »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk