Author Topic: New Releases for 2011  (Read 6023 times)

Offline BeethovensQuill

New Releases for 2011
« on: January 01, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone has any clue's as to what is being released this year?

I got word from the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra and Nott that Tudor will be releasing M3 in the spring.  I will be looking forward to that and hope its as great as their 9th.

I was hoping 1 or maybe 2 new Das Lied's will come out this year and maybe we're due a new great M5.

Offline John Kim

Re: New Releases for 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
I was hoping Nott to record the Sixth, but his M3rd would be interesting too.

Did anybody hear that Fischer might have recorded M7th?

My all time wish-list includes Colin Davis' M2nd, M6th, and M9th.

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
Colin Davis/LSO are doing Carl Nielsen next. I'm looking forward to that. Anyway, just scroll through these pages at HMV Japan - there's all kinds of stuff coming.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/1_700_0/pagesize/1/

You should pleased that there are TWO Mahler 9s with the Cologne R.S.O. coming: Wakasugi and Saraste. There's M3 and M6 with Sinopoli and Stuttgart (I want more of his Dresden stuff). There's the Rattle/BPO M2; Jansons/RCOA M2; Gergiev/LSO M5; Jansons/BRSO M1; Inbal/TMSO M2. There's tons of odds and ends being made available.

Also, don't forget the Ashkenazy/Sydney S.O. Mahler cycle, as it's actually really good.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 07:28:34 PM by barry guerrero »

Offline BeethovensQuill

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:27:39 PM »
Me too Barry, i only have the Bryden Thomson complete set, although ive never been keen on the LSO live sound, but we shall see.  What about yourself which Nielsen do you have?

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
Ormandy/Philly N6; Bernstein N3 and N5; Kubelik N5; Martinon/CSO N4; M. Gould/CSO N2; Blomstedt/SFSO N1-6 (with var. other Nielsen works). Saraste N6 (Finnlandia, I think). Probably some others that I'm not remembering now.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »
Colin Davis/LSO are doing Carl Nielsen next. I'm looking forward to that. Anyway, just scroll through these pages at HMV Japan - there's all kinds of stuff coming.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/1_700_0/pagesize/1/

You should pleased that there are TWO Mahler 9s with the Cologne R.S.O. coming: Wakasugi and Saraste. There's M3 and M6 with Sinopoli and Stuttgart (I want more of his Dresden stuff). There's the Rattle/BPO M2; Jansons/RCOA M2; Gergiev/LSO M5; Jansons/BRSO M1; Inbal/TMSO M2. There's tons of odds and ends being made available.

Also, don't forget the Ashkenazy/Sydney S.O. Mahler cycle, as it's actually really good.
I thought Wakasugi was dead?  ???

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
So's Sinopoli, but they're still releasing new stuff with him.

Offline Michael

• Adagio Appassionato, Addolorato A Niente
    • My Railroad Audio Recordings
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 03:02:27 AM »
So I take it the Haitink/CSO M9 this June is going to be released on CSO Resound in 2012?  I plan to be at that performance, so it would be cool to have a recording from that weekend.
Michael

Offline John Kim

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 05:13:02 AM »
There is one preview of the Wakasugi/Cologne RSO M9th (translated into English):

"Wakasugi his last visit to Cologne. It was the best night I listened to his music. Occurs when the applause stops until the sound of the last to disappear. FM broadcasts aired at a later date, had been edited at that time. Had just given up CD of inspiring"

John,

Offline John Kim

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 05:20:53 AM »
So I take it the Haitink/CSO M9 this June is going to be released on CSO Resound in 2012?  I plan to be at that performance, so it would be cool to have a recording from that weekend.
Michael,

How can you be sure of this?  ???

Of course, I've been waiting for a release of another Haintink M9th for the last decade!!  ;D

John,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk