Author Topic: Jonas Kaufmann singing all of DLVDE.  (Read 3755 times)

Offline ChrisH

Jonas Kaufmann singing all of DLVDE.
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:15:50 PM »
It seems that Kaufmann is singing all the parts of Das Lied Von der Erde with Gatti conducting Vienna. This should be interesting. Does anyone know if anything like this has been done before? It seems almost too taxing on the voice.

http://2016.theatrechampselysees.fr/la-saison/orchestre/orchestres-residents/orchestre-philharmonique-de-vienne-1

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Jonas Kaufmann singing all of DLVDE.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
If they pull this off, I hope Decca has sense enough to record it.

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »
If anything, it will show up on Arte's website or youtube.

Offline AZContrabassoon

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »
One singer is a new idea, but so was having two men singing and there have been several of those now. I really don't care who sings it as long as they bring depth and understanding, and that is in short supply. There are few recordings made in the last 20 years that are very good. Some are just dreadful despite marvelous orchestral playing and conducting. So here's wishing Mr Kaufmann all the best.

Offline Russell

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:15:26 AM »
If one singer could pull this off, it's Jonas Kaufmann.  His dark, baritonal tenor would be the ideal type of voice to bridge both "roles".  In addition, he sings with great intelligence, warmth, and humanity, with a real understanding for *what* he's singing.  I'm really anxious to hear (and possibly see) this performance.

Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk