Author Topic: Das Lied von der Erde w/New York/Walter Sony  (Read 4162 times)

Offline sbugala

Das Lied von der Erde w/New York/Walter Sony
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:22:01 AM »
Hello,
    I was looking through the mini-catalog that accompanies Bernstein's re-release of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and An American in Paris on Sony's Great Performances series when I saw something interesting:  Walter's Das Lied von der Erde w/New York has allegedly come back out, too.  However, I can't find any evidence of it with its new (vintage LP cover) art...only the Bruno Walter edition cover or the boxed set of Walter's Mahler/Bruckner.  The Gershwin disc I bought is dated 2006, so I would've expected to have seen the Walter by now.  Any insights?  Even Sony's website doesn't show anything. 

Thanks,
Steve

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Das Lied von der Erde w/New York/Walter Sony
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »
It's not out in the U.S. yet. I hope they do release it.

Offline sbugala

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:28:22 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'll hold off on ordering it and hope it gets released domestically soon.   

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »
Yes, I purchased mine from JPC last year.  Like many of the recent Sony releases, it is supposedly a DSD remaster. 

I previously purchased a "collector's" version of this Walter/Miller/Haefliger DLvdE.  The cover on the earlier release states that the orchestra is the Columbia Symphony Orchestra.  Although that orchestra was used on many other late-period Walter recordings, it was not used on this one -- hence I am claiming collector's status due to the typo.  I am willing to sell it to the first person that offers me hundreds of dollars for it.  ;)
Scott

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk