Author Topic: Kaplan's "The Mahler Album" to be Republished  (Read 10936 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Kaplan's "The Mahler Album" to be Republished
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »
"Thanks for your help barry."  >:(

Sorry, but discussing musical issues is more interesting to me than worrying about which day the photo was taken. I can't imagine that either day looked terribly different, but maybe they did! If anything I said previously needs explaining, please ask.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:02:26 PM by barry guerrero »

Offline euphoria

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »
The picture also shows the off stage brass standing just a couple of meters behind their on stage colleagues. The effect must have been minimal compared to having them behind the audience as Bernstein did in his Vienna version of the eight symphony.

It also confirms that Mahler didn't suffer from Vertigo!  - why such a high podium, when the chorus and back rows of the orchestra are on podiums themselves? The players closest to Mahler must have had considerable difficulties seing his direction while looking at their music.

Offline perotin

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »
i've received this book today - essential reading! too bad some photos are delivered in very low size ie. 1907 session pics (very famous photos) so there is too much unused paper

Offline Roffe

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 06:24:11 AM »
Thank you,

I had vtotally forgotten to order this book (it must be an onset of Alzheimer's, LOL), but ordered it today. Can't wait for the delivery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk