Author Topic: Boulez "DKW" & M10 Adagio available in U.S. on Oct. 5  (Read 4863 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Offline John Kim

Re: Boulez "DKW" & M10 Adagio available in U.S. on Oct. 5
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:23:11 AM »
Looks pretty good!

I used to own Boulez's old recording of M10 Adagio (forgot the name of the orch.) which I liked a lot.

I think he should do more Bruckner though - his B8th is a model of clarity, balance, and a logical argument, all of which work extremely well for Bruckner's music.

Didn't he record B9th sometime but decided not to release it for some reason?

John,

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 05:29:37 AM »
I would be only be interested if Boulez did the Cooke M10, or Carpenter.  :-* I rarely listen to the Adagio only performances.   :'(

I agree with John that he should do a Bruckner cycle next.

--Todd

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »
I would be only be interested if Boulez did the Cooke M10, or Carpenter.  :-* I rarely listen to the Adagio only performances.   :'(

I agree with John that he should do a Bruckner cycle next.

--Todd
You know, while I was listening to Boulez/VPO/DG B8th recently it struck me that this conductor was born to conduct Bruckner! :o

It's that good.

I know he conducted B9th in NY and was expecting DG would release a recording that may have been made before or after the concert ??? ::).

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:26:39 AM »
John,

Boulez did record Bruckner 9 with the VPO, but it didn't get released in the U.S. For some reason, it didn't receive the same level of praise that his 8th received.

I could see Boulez doing Bruckner 6 quite well. Boulez's more flowing adagios and slightly slower scherzos would work well in Bruckner.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:28:27 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline John Kim

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »
John,

Boulez did record Bruckner 9 with the VPO, but it didn't get released in the U.S. For some reason, it didn't receive the same level of praise that his 8th received.

I could see Boulez doing Bruckner 6 quite well. Boulez's more flowing adagios and slightly slower scherzos would work well in Bruckner.
Barry,

I've never seen Boulez/DG B9th recording anywhere. I can't even find it on internet.

So, I really wonder....can you help me find info. on this recording?

John,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk