Author Topic: Abbado MahlerFest 1995 live with BPO (on RCO) -- availability question  (Read 4990 times)

Polarius T

Sorry if I'm posting this in a wrong place (just registered).

I've been searching far & wide for the above issue, all my efforts having come to naught. I couldn't even find info on it on the Netherlands Radio website (which administers the live recordings series in which this was issued, too, AFAIK).

Anyone in the know of where it might be available, or where to look? I think at least two of the regulars here have kept referring to it at several occasions, and my interest is really piqued, the long-time devotee to both Mahler, this workm and Abbado as I am.

Thanks much if you can help.

PT

Offline John Kim

Re: Abbado MahlerFest 1995 live with BPO (on RCO) -- availability question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »
This live recording is included in the expensive, hard-to-find 1995 Mahlerfest set that is occasionally for sale on ebay. There have been several bootlegs of this concert floating around. You should be able to get it if you poke around enough ;D

John,

Polarius T

Thank you, John.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up; that also solves the mystery of why there was nothing about these recordings available online: my dumb bad with the search word ("mahler feest" with two e's and two words... Should have been able to infer that in NL they still speak Dutch). I'll certainly go for it. Now all your thumbs up, too, pls! T.

Offline Jeff Wozniak

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 04:03:47 PM »
I was not aware of that box set.  Would love to get it.  Now, I just need the money...

Polarius T

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
Now if only I could delete John Kim's post above somehow...   :-X

Cheers,

Tee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk