Author Topic: T. Malick's "The Thin Red Line" finally on Blue-ray (OOT)  (Read 4403 times)

Offline John Kim

T. Malick's "The Thin Red Line" finally on Blue-ray (OOT)
« on: September 13, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews37/thin_red_line.htm

I regard this one of the greatest films on War.

Moreover, it frequently touches on the subjects of Man vs. Nature, Beauty vs. Ugliness, Love vs. Hatred, Peace vs. War.

Terrence Malick is a cinematic poet of rare insight and deep introspection.

I was blown away just 5 min. into the movie at the theater; never before I had experienced such a rapturous and heavenly opening sequence.

But that was only the beginning!! :o

The music by Hans Zimmer is fully accordance with Malick's vision -  philosophical, meditative, and deeply touching.

Not to be missed.

John

Offline Russell

Re: T. Malick's "The Thin Red Line" finally on Blue-ray (OOT)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
One of my faves as well.  (I love Terence Malick films!)  I'm getting the Blu-ray for sure.  Here's another review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Thin-Red-Line-Blu-ray/11300/#Review

Offline BeethovensQuill

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
I have similar feelings about this film, i remember seeing it at the cinema and being completely absorbed in its hypnotic story telling and amazing photography, the inclusion of part of the Faure requiem was a nice touch aswell.

I dont have blue-ray so i'll just make do with my DVD copy.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »
I have similar feelings about this film, i remember seeing it at the cinema and being completely absorbed in its hypnotic story telling and amazing photography, the inclusion of part of the Faure requiem was a nice touch aswell.

I dont have blue-ray so i'll just make do with my DVD copy.

YES! I forgot to mention about Faure's Requiem that appears in the first 5 min. or so. The last movt. - if I recall - was so appropriately and beautifully used I thought I was in the heaven :o :D.

I own the DVD which has excellent transfer in both the picture and sound.

I can't wait.

John,

Offline sbugala

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:52:58 PM »
I like this film, too. Purportedly, Mallick cut it down from 6 hours. Characters were there that never made it into the final film. I don't think it will ever happen, but I'd love to see some of these excerpts.  Some people HATE this film, but I thought it was great. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk