Author Topic: Review archive?  (Read 3562 times)

Offline chris

Review archive?
« on: February 02, 2008, 06:15:27 PM »
With the recent M1/M2 topics - I was wondering what the members of the board - specifically from authors of reviews - would think about perhaps compiling all reviews written by members into one convenient page? 

I'm thinking of something not unlike the Tony Duggan survery at http://www.musicweb-international.com/Mahler/index.html

I'm not much a review writer, but I'd be happy to work on compiling it - nothing from any other page, just Mahler board folks.

Anyway - I'm not going to put too much thought into the hows and wheres before I get some feedback.   If it's needs to be said, this would be a nonprofit venture - perhaps in the form of a free wiki or a geocities page. 

Anyone?  Anyone?

Offline bluesbreaker

Re: Review archive?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »
I agree with ya. I think it would work as a refreshing aalternative to that Tony Duggan site. His choices are too historical oriented.
Under The Dark Side Of The Glass Moon

Offline techniquest

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »
Yes - as each month passes the reviews from the 'A-Thons' could be compiled, as could any reviews from the many other threads which have them. Where it may become complicated is if there are reviews on different threads of the same recording - easy enough to 'cut & paste', but time consuming to research.

Offline stillivor

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:30:12 PM »
  What i would like (alongside) are attempts at statements of principles and viewpoints of reviewers, so we know where they're coming from.   :o

Ivor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk