Author Topic: Barry Guerrero quoted in De la Grange's Vol. IV!!  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Freddy van Maurik

Barry Guerrero quoted in De la Grange's Vol. IV!!
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »
Hey,

I don't remember Barry mentioning this, but he is quoted by De la Grange in the appendices of his Vol. IV. I received my copy yesterday, and just now I discovered Barry's name in a characterizing comment on the Barshai M10...

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
Re: Barry Guerrero quoted in De la Grange's Vol. IV!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:45:09 PM »
Very cool!!!!

What an honor!!!

--Todd

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 05:41:26 AM »
Just goes to show that if you flap your gums long enough, somebody actually pays attention. Now all the Barshai lovers will make a moving target of me - yikes!  :o. But I can't help it: I think Barshai is out of his mind; well intentioned, but nuts all the same. Furthermore, I'm making a complete fool of myself. So far, I've been all talk and no action when it comes to this M10 buisness, even though I have lots and lots of ideas. My life is such that I have absolutely ZERO time for any hobbies at all, except listening to music and yacking with you guys.

The funny things is, D.H. and I had a very productive conversation - just this evening - about Mahler 10 issues; batting various ideas around, and discussing what details are wrong with the work as it stands now. Trust me, some of our thoughts are very, very interesting. Unfortunately, that's probably where they'll stay. In order to move forward, I need some of the following to happen:

A. I buy gold trinkets, and gold moves up to $10,000 an ounce.

B. I buy oil futures, and oil goes up to a $1,000 per barrel

C. I win the Ca. super lotto

D. I live under a Ca. freeway overpass, with nothing but music score paper to keep me focused on the task at hand.

E. All of the above, except insert "on a secluded Greek island" in lieu of "under a freeway overpass"

Here's another surprise that MIGHT very well show up in De La Grange IV: when Henri discusses the whole Mahler 6 movement order business, he might very well - more or less - make the same sort of argument that I've been making all along. At the very least, look for him to sound very open minded and diplomatic on this issue. In other words, opened ended (it's not an open and shut case).

the now (in)famous, Barry Guerrero (who's just happy that spring training has started)

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »
Barry,

Do you take notes down (for M10 ideas) in a notebook or short score?  When I don't have time, thats what I generally do...not for music but animation  :)

--Todd

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 05:15:21 AM »
My La Grange Mahler Vol.4 came today!!! 

;D

--Todd

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 08:01:10 AM »
No, I don't take notes. But I know ideally what I would like to do with much of M10. It just ain't going to happen anytime in the near future because my life is a financial disaster, and I have absolutely zero free time - other than to hang out here and continue flapping my cyber gums late at night, or early in the morning.     :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk