Author Topic: New Mahler 10th Wigglesworth Melbourne  (Read 5535 times)

Offline Nathaniel

New Mahler 10th Wigglesworth Melbourne
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
I wonder if anybody has had the chance to listen to this and maybe compare with Wigglesworth's old M10??

Offline John Kim

Re: New Mahler 10th Wigglesworth Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:30 PM »
I wonder if anybody has had the chance to listen to this and maybe compare with Wigglesworth's old M10??
Uhmmmm...I didn't know about the new recording...but I am completely happy with his earlier go at the symphony.

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:57:48 AM »
It's probably rather new. Folks might want to know that it's the Cooke version.

Offline vvrinc

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
News of a Wigglesworth/Melbourne “M10” : I give it two yawns.Errr...isn’t everyone’s collection of 10ths already quite overCooked? ::)
(My “dream” completion would have come from the pen of the great Dmitri Shostakovich.)

Offline Nathaniel

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »
News of a Wigglesworth/Melbourne “M10” : I give it two yawns.Errr...isn’t everyone’s collection of 10ths already quite overCooked? ::)
(My “dream” completion would have come from the pen of the great Dmitri Shostakovich.)

Thanks for the review of the recording. Can you elaborate a bit?

Offline Roffe

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 05:44:59 AM »
My “dream” completion would have come from Mahler himself (if we are allowed to wishful thinking). Seriously, I doubt that Shostakovich could have completed it in a Mahlerian way, i.e. that it would sounded more like Shostakovich than Mahler. My $0.02.

Roffe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk