General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

100 members (?)

(1/3) > >>

stillivor:
  Something to celebrate.

btw, it's not 101 cos I'm in twice.   ???

Ivor

PS Happy New Year

sperlsco:

--- Quote from: stillivor on December 27, 2007, 11:16:32 PM ---
  btw, it's not 101 cos I'm in twice.   ???

Ivor

PS Happy New Year

--- End quote ---

Oh great, now we have a major controversy on our hands.  Do we award the grand prize for being the 100th Member to No. 101 (Mr. Bob) or to No. 100 (I'll need to see who that is)? 

I believe that the grand prize is a copy of the famous M5 by Maazel and the VPO.   ;D

stillivor:
I couldn't get back on as Ivor cos I changed email address and forgot password, and the site could only send the password to the redundant emAIL address.

Ivor

mister bob:
This is simply too good to be true...  I never win anything, despite a blameless life of being kind to small children and animals, and really not very many illegal copies of Mahler symphonies. Simply to be a part of this august body is reward enough, but if there are any freebies to be had, you can count me in.

By the way, thanks to all those members who were waxing lyrical about VW's 9th, it really is a fine, powerful, and intruiging work.  I bought the Naxos copy which also contains a good version of the 5th.

Forthcoming highlights for 2008; January 25th - Bruckner 5th with the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande conducted by Janowski.  May 10th - Berg, Seven Early Songs, and Mahler 6, BBC Phil. conducted by Gianandrea Noseda.  Both concerts at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester.  Really looking forward to both of them

A happy new year to all!:D

barry guerrero:
Pentatone is releasing a new Bruckner 9th with Janowski/Suisse Romande. I wonder how it'll turn out? The timings look perfectly normal.

I'm looking forward to hearing Noseda's new recordings of the Mahler/Cooke 10th. I like the BBC Phil. very much - more than any of the five full-time orchestras in London (except for maybe the BBC London).

Barry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version