Author Topic: U.S. release date for Bernstein/IPO M9 is June 12  (Read 4645 times)

Offline barry guerrero

U.S. release date for Bernstein/IPO M9 is June 12
« on: May 25, 2012, 03:55:14 AM »
Hi folks,

Harmonia Mundi - the distributor for the Israel Phil. titles on Helicon - will be releasing the Leonard Bernstein/IPO Mahler 9 on Tuesday, June 12.  SRP (Suggested Retail Price) will be $31.98.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:58:14 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline Freddy van Maurik

Re: U.S. release date for Bernstein/IPO M9 is June 12
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »
Hi all,

I received mine (through Amazon UK) yesterday. I'll post back here, when I've listened to it.

Cheers,
Freddy

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »
This M9 is fantastic. I finally heard this recording after being out of the Mahler-loop for awhile.

As aways, Lenny makes the inner two movements a LOT more interesting and involving, and this recording is now my favorite example of what Lenny can do with the M9, especially the second movement. And the sound is the best I've heard of Lenny's M9 recordings (on CD that is, not DVD).

This is now my top Lenny M9, followed by the BSO, NYO, BPO and RCO.

--Todd

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 04:15:12 AM »
Yeah, it's not super-tidy or perfect, but it has less major/serious flaws than the Berlin performance. Yet, the sound is much better than the Concertgebouw one, which sounds a bit dry and sterile in comparison.

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
Yeah, it's not super-tidy or perfect, but it has less major/serious flaws than the Berlin performance. Yet, the sound is much better than the Concertgebouw one, which sounds a bit dry and sterile in comparison.

The Concertgebouw account only seems to sound good on the original LP. The original Japanese DG release seems to sound better too, but not much. I can't remember how good the Japanese SACD edition sounds, but if it was better I'd probably remember!

This IPO account solves the sound issue however, plus I prefer it over the Concertgebouw performance.

--Todd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk