Author Topic: Red Sox beats Tampa Ray, 8-7!!! (OOT)  (Read 4851 times)

Offline John Kim

Red Sox beats Tampa Ray, 8-7!!! (OOT)
« on: October 17, 2008, 06:14:08 AM »
Wowwwwww!

Ironically and regretably, I turned off my TV about midway through 5th inning thinking that there was NO way Red Sox could revert their destiny. I was wrong and I am glad they did one of the greatest comebacks in MLB history.

Now that the momentum has shifted to the Boston players, they will beat Rays in the two remaining games. hehehe...

John,

P.S. I think they won tonight because I stopped watching the game  ;D :D ;) I will play the final 10 min. of Resurrection Symphony before going to sleep 8)
Did anybody tape the game on VCR??

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Red Sox beats Tampa Ray, 8-7!!! (OOT)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »
I think a Red Sox/Phillys W.S. will draw far more national attention than Rays vs. Phillys. Then again, the Rays are a Cinderella type feell-good story.  Red Sox are a great a come-from-behind team, so we'll see if they can pull this off.

Barry

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
Pulling off this time will be tougher than it was last year against CV Indians because

1) Red Sox will play in Tampa Ray's hometown for the final two games.
2) Becker and Lester were hammered down in the game 2 and 4

On the positive side, however,

1) Becker pitches well under pressure
2) Rays might still be lingering over what happened last night
3) Rays have never been in a situation as volatile and unpredictable as this.

My heart will be with Boston (I lived there in 90's), but they are still against all odds ???

John,
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:55:35 PM by John Kim »

Offline sbugala

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »
To me, the best "story" World Series match up would've been L.A. vs. Boston for the ex-Yankee Torre vs. Boston and ex Red Sox ManRam vs. Boston angle.  But since L.A.'s out, I'd prefer that Tampa get in...whether they win or not.  Perhaps it's provincial of me, but I get a little tired of Boston winning every championship lately. Spread it around.  Having said that, Tampa could win it, and they'd still have abysmal attendance next year...just like the Florida Marlins (despite their TWO W.S. titles.)

Or course, Philly hasn't won anything lately. And Brad Lidge went from being a wreck to being a great closer again. So, Lidge striking out an opponent for the third out in the 9th inning of a World Series victory would be quite a feel good story too. (And that remark comes from someone...me...who couldn't stop watching that absolutely insane home run Albert Pujols slammed off Lidge a couple years back. )

Offline John Kim

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »
Between the two, Ray and Phillies I too would root for the Phillies. But if Red Sox ever gets to the WS I will take my side with them ;D But I wouldn't mind if Philly wins the series.

John,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk