Author Topic: Teaser for new Bernstein biopic, featuring the Adagietto  (Read 1845 times)

Offline erikwilson7

Teaser for new Bernstein biopic, featuring the Adagietto
« on: August 15, 2023, 06:51:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to this film. I wonder if the recording of Adagietto used for this teaser is Bernstein himself conducting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU6GbM5c9aE

Offline John Kim

Re: Teaser for new Bernstein biopic, featuring the Adagietto
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 05:04:53 PM »
The teaser is amazing. Bradley Cooper looks and sounds exactly like Bernstein^.

I can't wait!

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 05:36:31 PM »
I'm sure I'll enjoy the film simply due to its nature, but I'm particularly interested in the many new people that will be exposed to how great Mahler is. Mahler is likely going to be featured pretty heavily in the film.

According to Yannick Nézet-Séguin, he coached Cooper on conducting for the production of the film, and YNS conducted the audio recordings that will be used for the film.

I have also read that Bradley Cooper conducted an entire live Mahler 2 in the same cathedral used in the classic Bernstein M2 video recording. A recreation of sorts. I can't wait to see how that's used in the film.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:07:25 PM by erikwilson7 »

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 05:24:25 AM »
In a TV interview, Cooper was asked what he was thinking most during the filming. He answered, 'Mahler Second'.

John

Offline sbugala

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 03:31:25 PM »
Some of the publicity shots already impressed me in how they resembled certain already classic Bernstein photographs. But seeing the trailer floored me when they got to the shots of Cooper dressed in a typical Bernstein turtleneck. He manages Lenny's voice pretty well, too.

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 04:00:25 PM »
I was also very impressed. Younger Bernstein not as much, but any shots of older Bernstein amazed me.

I think the social media "controversy" surrounding the prosthetic nose is very silly; the Bernstein children made a wonderful statement in support of Cooper and the film, and everything has been done out of the utmost respect for Bernstein. This was a passion project for Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk