Author Topic: Mahler in Sequence  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Don

Mahler in Sequence
« on: April 10, 2009, 02:29:22 PM »
I got given to me :o some tickets for the Mahler in Sequence series in New York City Carnegie Hall  in May. My benefactor can go to 1-5 and gave 6 and 7 to someone else. I can get away for the weekend of 5/15-5/17 so I get to hear Boulez/Staatskapelle Berlin and soloists in M8, Barenboim/Staatskapelle Berlin in M9, M10 Adagio only  ( >:( ) and DLvdE.

Anyone in NY area, I may have an extra ticket for the M8. I'll keep you posted.

M10 Fanatic!

Offline Jot N. Tittle

• Meine Zeit wird noch kommen.
Re: Mahler in Sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
Great, Don!

Are you going to the lecture-performance Mahler program at Carnegie Hall Saturday afternoon, May 2? It features talks by Gilbert Kaplan, Henry-Louis de La Grange, and Sedgwick Clark; and Christianne Stotijn will sing. You can check it out at
<http://www.carnegiehall.org/article/box_office/events/evt_12751.html?selecteddate=05022009>.

Living some five hours away from NYC, I miss most of the Mahler action there, I regret to say. Moreover, the expense of staying overnight can be prohibitive.

Do you belong to the Gustav Mahler Society of New York?

. & '

Offline Don

Re: Mahler in Sequence
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 05:50:30 PM »
Unfortunately I can not attend that lecture, nor am I am member of the NY Mahler Society. Actually I live in Kansas City, MO so this is a trip for me. I know someone who has an apt near Carnegie Hall so the expense for me is the plane fare and a trinket from Bergdorf's.
M10 Fanatic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk