General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

OT: a new Naxos Brahms 3rd receives a 10/10 (Alsop)

<< < (5/5)

Wunderhorn:
Mistake, it was actually Szell's classic recording of Brahms' 1st which I ordered... :P

Leo K:

--- Quote from: Wunderhorn on January 28, 2007, 01:17:43 PM ---It is one of the hardest things to be a critic, as opinions are opinions, and they must try to generalize the best they can, quite daunting. I ended up buying this recording at Barnes and Noble, it was too cheap to pass up, plus Haydn Variations is one of my favorites.

--- End quote ---

Tell us what you think...I'm going to get it soon too.

sperlsco:

--- Quote from: Wunderhorn on January 28, 2007, 01:17:43 PM ---It is one of the hardest things to be a critic, as opinions are opinions, and they must try to generalize the best they can, quite daunting. I ended up buying this recording at Barnes and Noble, it was too cheap to pass up, plus Haydn Variations is one of my favorites.

--- End quote ---

Funny, I went to BN with the intention of getting either this one or the Tennstedt M4/M8 combo using a xmas gift card.  They did not have either in stock, but they did have the Solti/CSO/Brahms symphony set, which I have always wanted -- so I bought it instead!

Wunderhorn:
I bought the Szell B1, I forgot which one I purchased ??? I also had a giftcard. I loath their selection sometimes; You can find rare things there often, but sometimes famous recordings simply aren't there >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version