Author Topic: Seattle Mariners managers got fired, finally (OOT)  (Read 3910 times)

Offline John Kim

Seattle Mariners managers got fired, finally (OOT)
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Having waited so long hopelessly and aimlessly, long after Mariners disintegrated into the WORST MLB team (their winning percentage is below 0.35 now), they finally fired both the general manager Bill Bavasi and the manager John McLaren. I feel bad for Mr. McLaren because I know he is a nice guy and tried everything he could to save the miserable team, but this outcome was inevitable. I'd rather see some of the players such as Saxon, Washburn, and Vidro axed instead of him but that's the way the pro baseball works.

To tell you the truth, these pathetic players have put me in a depression mode lately and I wouldn't want to watch any Mariners game anymore :-[

Mahler, who was known to love baseball, would have gladly played M6th in the amidst of all the misery and chaos surrounding this team. :-\

John,
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:34:04 PM by John Kim »

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Seattle Mariners managers got fired, finally (OOT)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
Yes, but did you hear the details of the Willie Randolph story (N.Y. Mets manager)? Unbelievable!

Barry

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:05:06 PM »
.     .     .   and don't feel so bad, as the S.F. Giants are paying one of the worst starters in all of baseball - one with absolutely no zip on his fast ball - $126 million dollars!!!  His name is Barry Zito. He's getting booed off the mound these days.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »
Yes, but did you hear the details of the Willie Randolph story (N.Y. Mets manager)? Unbelievable!

Barry
Yeah, I'd like to see Mr. Randolph gets hired as the next Mariners manager. He can stir up the players, I am sure.

John,

Offline Damfino

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 02:22:14 AM »
Well, here in Houston, our mighty Astros just extended their losing streak to 8 games. They are now a half game from last place!

I don't think a work with the energy of Mahler's 6th would be appropriate for such a flaccid lot as the 'Stros. Maybe the last movement of Tchaikovsky's 6th would mirror the fatalistic air of resignation that seems to be afflicting them.

Offline sbugala

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:48:17 AM »
Perhaps Riggleman will get better results out of them. He was recently involved in the Cardinals organization, and did a decent job managing the Cubs a few years back, if I recall. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk