Author Topic: Norman Lebrecht: "My Mahler 8 is bigger than yours" article  (Read 4851 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Norman Lebrecht: "My Mahler 8 is bigger than yours" article
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:52:12 AM »
This is pretty funny. I was told that Meyer Sound has their sophisticated system in the Shrine, so all should probably turn out OK. Meyer Sound is also doing Cirque du Soleil's Beatles tribute show in Vegas  Anyway, you can follow the Munich link to read about the M8 that Thielemann conducted at the Gasteig. Interesting stuff.

http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/2011/06/my-mahler-eighth-is-bigger-than-yours-and-more-diverse.html

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:56:50 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline Don

Re: Norman Lebrecht: "My Mahler 8 is bigger than yours" article
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »
And as an aside from the recent Mahler 10 thread here, I note "Dude" is only doing "the 9 completed symphonies" thus only the Adagio to the 10th.

:'(
M10 Fanatic!

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 08:22:04 PM »
Correct. But I would prefer that Dudamel get a lot more experience with Mahler before taking on a completed 10th anyway. He's still quite young and has a long ways to go.

Offline wagnerlover

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »
Never heard of the blog IONARTS before.  But while reading the review of the Munich M8 I kept wondering if it had been translated into English by a computer program, especially when I came to a sentence like:

"Trekl could have been had more of had he not sang into floorboards in front of him half the time."

I hope I can get to L.A. next February.  I bet it'll be fun (at least).

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk