Author Topic: Leaper Mahler 7  (Read 4688 times)

Offline sbugala

Leaper Mahler 7
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:05:44 AM »
I was just noticing that Leaper's Arte Nova Mahler 7th is on Berkshire Record Outlet for $4.  I probably shouldn't even consider this because of I have a boat load of great Mahler 7ths already, but does anyone care to comment on this recording?  For $4, I might consider it to pass along to a friend. 

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Leaper Mahler 7
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:46:02 AM »
It's quite good; especially the last two movements. In no way is it second or third rate. The fourth movement clocks in at less than thirteen movements, while the finale is just a bit longer than 17 minutes. Yet, the first movement doesn't sound breathless either (like MTT).

Barry
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:34:43 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »
I've seen other Arte Nova Mahler releases (such as the M3) in stores around here...I've always wondered if they were any good.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 03:54:16 AM »
Of the Leaper Mahler recordings that I've heard (3,4,5, & 7), all were at least decent. To my mind, the third and seventh really stood out.

Barry

Offline bluesbreaker

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:27:50 AM »
Defenitely get the M3.
IMHO this recording is the magical blend of Kubelik(Audite) and Lenny I(Sony) / TEnnstedt(EMI). You can find the freshness and swift tempi of Kubelik, and also the gut, bite, raw power, and romanticism of Lenny and Tennstedt.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's why I got rid of Kubelik. End of Story.  8)
Under The Dark Side Of The Glass Moon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk