Author Topic: new dvd: M1/Prokofiev Pno. Cto. 3 (Abbado/LFO)  (Read 4141 times)

Offline barry guerrero

new dvd: M1/Prokofiev Pno. Cto. 3 (Abbado/LFO)
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3848332

I might actually be more interested in the Prokofiev 3rd piano concerto, performed by the world's current flavor-of-the-month, Yuja Wang.

Offline Zoltan

Re: new dvd: M1/Prokofiev Pno. Cto. 3 (Abbado/LFO)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »
Lucky enough to live in Germany where such concerts are broadcasted on TV so one can record them. Saw this a few months ago, and while I'm no expert on Prokofiev, I found the performance emotional and engaging.

Barry, if you're interested enough, I can upload the concert if you want to watch it on your computer (or can stream the picture from the computer to a TV). Otherwise I'd be able to convert it into DVD format which you'll able to burn yourself.

Offline Fafner

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
I was at these concerts...I have to admit that in the Prokofiev concerto, as fine as Wang played, I was particularly stunned by the orchestral contribution: it let emerge every microdetail with stunning clarity and naturalness (just listen to the last minutes!). But the real event of the evening was the Mahler. The third evening featuring this program was broadcasted live on the internet and I think it's still available on YT, but that evening the orchestra, while being musically superb, made quite a few mistakes (the 1st trompeter had a problem with his intrument...cameras avoid to show this but it was evident for those who were there). The previous evenings were much better in this regard, the second one was almost flawless. Obviously all these problems were rectified in the DVD master and in the recent TV broadcast.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:44:33 PM by Fafner »

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:41 PM »
Zolton,

Thank you for the offer, but don't worry about it. This one is not a big priority with me. I have an Argerich recording of the Prokofiev, and that's plenty good for me. Thanks again.

Also, as far as M1 goes, I'm very satisfied with the dvd that has Fabio Luisi/Staatskapelle Dresden. In fact, I've never cared for Abbado's previous recordings of the work. I don't mean to sound ungrateful; so,again, thank you for offering.

Barry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk