Author Topic: The Lady in Number 6  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Penny

The Lady in Number 6
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
I've just watched a fascinating documentary called, "The Lady in Number 6 - Music Saved My Life", on the subject of a lady I've previously posted about, Alice Herz Sommer.  She was, until her death earlier this year aged 110, the world's oldest Holocaust survivor, a concert pianist, born in Prague, and during WW2 imprisoned with her young son in the Teresienstadt concentration camp  She was a remarkable lady, despite everything she had been through, unfailingly optimistic and positive.  The particular relevance to this list is that, as it mentions in the film, as a child she met Gustav Mahler, and must surely have been our last living link to him.   I think this film is available on DVD but for what it may be worth, Sky Arts 2 in the UK are showing it at least another 3 times this week. 

Offline Clov

Re: The Lady in Number 6
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
Thanks for sharing, very interesting, I look forward to watching the whole documentary short.

This is the best link I could find on youtube, it seems to cover a great deal of the interview - http://youtu.be/8oxO3M6rAPw
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:56:18 AM by Clov »
'A man of means by no means.' - Roger Miller

Offline Penny

Re: The Lady in Number 6
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »
The complete film is something like 35-40 minutes long (allowing for commercials!).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk