General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

two M9's coming out in early 2007 - two different Staatskapelles

<< < (2/2)

barry guerrero:
So far, Profil has not made any hi-rez recordings. The Sinopoli/SKD M9 is going to be a bit expensive, as it's being issued as a two-disc set, coupled with R. Strauss' "Tod und Verklaerung".  Regardless of Barenboim's personality, his M9 is coming out on a single disc. I really like his 7th, as well as the Chicago M5. Personally speaking, I have more of an issue with his programming.

Barry

Leo K:

--- Quote from: barry guerrero on December 22, 2006, 02:05:30 AM ---hey,

Not only are we getting a Barenboim/Staatskapelle Berlin M9, but Profil is coming out with a *live* Sinopoli/Staatskapelle Dresden M9 - yipppeee! I really want to hear both of these. I've been wanting to hear Dresdeners do more Mahler.

Barry

--- End quote ---

I've heard the release date in Germany (for the Barenboim) is the 17th January 2007, and this disk is on iTunes (in the UK I think)...any word on the America release date?

barry guerrero:
I keep watching to see if Amazon, or any other domestic, has added this yet. So far, no go. My guess is that it might be held up a month or two in the U.S.

Barry

John Kim:
The Sinopoli M9th is available on Japanese HMV site. But it doesn't list the Barenboim one yet.

Anyway, it's interesting to see which Mahler recordings got kudos from Japanese customers. Some of the highly praised recordings are

Macal/CPO/Exton M6th
Macal/CPO/Exton M3rd
MTT/SFSO/SFSO M9th
Bertini/TMSO/Fontec M9th+M10 Adagio
Jansons/RCO/RCO M6th

These all received scores higher than 90 (out of 100).

John,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version