Author Topic: von Otter/Kaufmann/Abbado "DLvdE" to be issued on DVD  (Read 3959 times)

Offline barry guerrero

von Otter/Kaufmann/Abbado "DLvdE" to be issued on DVD
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
http://www3.euroarts.com/artikel/boxes/news/

It shows up on a Euroarts website, but it says that it was produced by Accentus. Anyway, it also includes the 10th symphony Adagio (just what I want to hear after "DLvdE").

Offline Fafner

Re: von Otter/Kaufmann/Abbado "DLvdE" to be issued on DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
It may really get released on DVD (especially as the LvdE isn't planned in the Lucerne Festival cycle, which will be completed next year with the 8th), but that is nowhere to be seen in the page you linked. It's true that the window title is named "DVD News", but that doesn't seem to be Euroarts's DVD section, that's just the usual page with details on the production. They have been throwing up similar pages for ages and not everything got released commercially then. The very same broadcast is available in the Berlin Philh. Digital Hall btw.
The broadcast itself was produced mainly from Accentus's crew, the director was the same Michael Beyer who directed all Lucerne productions, the producer was the same Paul Smaczny who produced all Lucerne broadcast, haven't really looked at the technical crew but my guess is that most of them are the ones usually there for Abbado related productions. I'm not sure, but I think Euroarts is still in the game in this case due to rights with the Berlin Orchestra which prevented Accentus to produce the whole by itself. A couple of months ago I inquired Accentus about the possibility of having this concert released (I was there thus I wanted it to be), and they replied me they had no idea, as Euroarts owned the rights to do that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:24:16 PM by Fafner »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk