Author Topic: New Haitink Downloads  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Don

New Haitink Downloads
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
Radio 4 Netherlands is featuring another set of free downloads, this time celebrating Bernard Haitink's 80th birthday. Looks like there will be 3 downloads, no Mahler, but a Bizet Symphony, Schumann # 1 and LvB Eroica. They are free so why not?

http://haitink.radio4.nl/en/home
M10 Fanatic!

Mackjay

Re: New Haitink Downloads
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »
Thanks Don.
I see they also have 10 other symphonies from other conductors that can be had for free on that site, including an M1 by Bernstein and CSO
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:51:55 PM by Mackjay »

Offline Don

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:34 PM »
Yes, those were from last year and have some excellent recordings. The Bernstein is a live performance from around the same time he recorded the work with the RCO.
M10 Fanatic!

Mackjay

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 04:44:25 PM »
Yes, those were from last year and have some excellent recordings. The Bernstein is a live performance from around the same time he recorded the work with the RCO.

You answered a question I had. I downloaded this performance. WOW what orchestral playing!!!
I did not recall the DG recording being as impressive and wondered if they were different. So thanks for confirming this.

The Jansons Sibelius 2 sounds like a winner as well. And I think I will give the Haitink Bruckner 8 a shot. These recordings are 320kbs (excellent audio) and come with sparse notes and CD covers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk