Author Topic: HLG Volume IV scheduled for Jan. release in USA  (Read 4435 times)

Offline mike bosworth

HLG Volume IV scheduled for Jan. release in USA
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »

According to Amazon websites in UK and USA, HLG Vol. IV is scheduled for Nov. 2007 release in UK and Jan. 2008 release in USA.  The Cambridge Companion To Mahler is listed for December release on both sites.

FYI,

Mike Bosworth
Hanoi

Offline Jeff Wozniak

Re: HLG Volume IV scheduled for Jan. release in USA
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »
Would love to get them when they come out, but both are quite expensive.

Then again, except for a handful of us Mahler freaks who's going to buy them?  Gotta cover the costs somehow I guess.

Ivor

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:50:04 AM »
I'll just say this here much as I did on another thread,re prices, only with a different story,also true.

A long time ago,I found a new book that interested me. But the price ! I wandered around the shop,picked the book up,put it down,etc. In the end I bought it.

the following day I realised that I was still alive,still healthy,still had friends,above all I wasn't bankrupt. AND I had the book I wanted

So I wondered what all the fuss the previous day had been about ! ! !

Why do so many of us sweat over book prices so much more than almost anything else? I imagine (?)most of you own your house . I don't. THAT'S what I'd sweat over .  Ditto car. You know - stuff that costs big pounds. (prohibitive pounds?)

Offline Jot N. Tittle

• Meine Zeit wird noch kommen.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »
Why do so many of us sweat over book prices so much more than almost anything else?

An interesting question, Ivor. Why, indeed, do we resist so with book prices? My wife would say that I have virtually no resistance. But I say I am very selective: I buy only the books I want and let the others go.  ;)

It may be that only buyers with unlimited funds and a limited sense of discretion pay no attention to book prices.

I'll bet that most collectors are especially sensitive about prices, seeking, as they do, wondrous bargains--like the first edition of Baron Corvo's In His Own Image, corrected and annotated by the author, that I picked up (in a bookstore!) for 49 cents. Ah, those were the days.

Or does our "culture" tell us that books are frivolous?  :(

. & '

Offline mike bosworth

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 03:16:25 AM »

Hopefully the cover art image for HLG IV will show up above.  It is listed at $ 54.00 at Amazon.com.

Mike Bosworth
Hanoi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk