Author Topic: Boulez/Stattskapelle/DG M8th - Japanese edition  (Read 4197 times)

Offline John Kim

Boulez/Stattskapelle/DG M8th - Japanese edition
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:18:08 AM »
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2605252

This is Japanese edition, NOT the import from Europe, so it should sound better (and more expensive) than what will be available here in the States. It received 92/100.

John,

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Boulez/Stattskapelle/DG M8th - Japanese edition
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »
You really think that there's going to be that much of a difference? I once owned the Boulez/VPO M3 in a Japanese pressing, and I really didn't notice much difference at all. Regardless, I now own it on the SACD/CD hybrid version, which puts the CD side into DSD mode. 

I suspect that UNI will eventual comeback to making hybrid pressings. If and when they do, I'm sure that the Boulez M8 will be a front-running candidate.

Barry

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »
John once told me the DG Japanese Bernstein M2 sounded like a whole different performance, the sound was so good...so perhaps this could be the case for some Japanese releases at least?

--Leo

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 02:40:42 AM »
John once told me the DG Japanese Bernstein M2 sounded like a whole different performance, the sound was so good...so perhaps this could be the case for some Japanese releases at least?

--Leo
That is correct. This Japanese Lenny/NYPO/DG M2nd sounds miles ahead of the US edition of the same recording.

John,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk