Author Topic: Zinman M5 Reviewed  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Russ Smiley

Russ Smiley

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
Re: Zinman M5 Reviewed
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:19:23 AM »
I'm wondering when this will be released in the states...unless it already has... but I just can't seem to find it!

--Todd

Offline Jot N. Tittle

• Meine Zeit wird noch kommen.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »
I'm wondering when this will be released in the states...unless it already has... but I just can't seem to find it!

Todd, I ordered it from importcds by way of Amazon.com, and it arrived several days ago.

I listened to it yesterday, and the review cited seems right on. My equipment is plain vanilla, so all of the SACD advantages probaby didn't come through. Nevertheless, it seemed quite bright and crisp to me, rendering audible some of the lighter touches in the percussion section--that I don't recall ever having heard before.

Go for it.

. & '

Offline Psanquin

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
I miss more comments on Zinman’s Fifth. I find it a real achievement. To my ears the best so far in the cycle... and I was enthusiastic with the Third! Throughout there is a special rapt atmosphere. Quite attentive to detail but also bringing tutti passages fully to life.

Nevertheless, it seemed quite bright and crisp to me, rendering audible some of the lighter touches in the percussion section--that I don't recall ever having heard before.

Absolutely. The brightness of the orchestral contribution is matched with its clearness. The excellent and realistic sound quality, have dispelled my doubts at this regard raised by the first issues of the cycle.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 04:56:56 PM by Psanquin »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk