Author Topic: Coming soon - Haitink/CSO/M1  (Read 3738 times)

Offline chris

Coming soon - Haitink/CSO/M1
« on: May 04, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »
I was at the Chicago Symphony's performance of M1 last night with Haitink conducting and was informed the piece was being recorded - it was not mentioned if it would going to be for a CD or download.

The performance didn't strike me as being excessively slow, so imagine my shock when I looked at my watch and the length was right around 60 minutes.  That being said - it's different being there - I thought Haitink's M6 SACD is merely okay, while I thought the live performance I attended was phenomenal.

The only striking thing was that the third movement began with all (six, I think) of the bass players playing the solo.

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Coming soon - Haitink/CSO/M1
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »
Apparently, there must have been a sketch, draft, first version, etc., that showed the indication "soli", as opposed to "solo". Frankly, I hope I don't even hear this one. I think I'll intentionally skip it. There's already a decent, SLOW M1 from the CSO: Tennstedt.

Offline Jot N. Tittle

• Meine Zeit wird noch kommen.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
Haitink and the CSO will be doing M1 on May 15 and Shostakovitch's Fourth on May 16 in Carnegie Hall, and I expect to be there for both. Everything moves faster in New York City.

. & '

Offline Jot N. Tittle

• Meine Zeit wird noch kommen.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »
...and Shostakovitch's Fourth ....
     . & '

That's Shostakovich. For some reason this site's spell-checker insisted on "-vitch."

. & '

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk