Author Topic: Mahler in Paris  (Read 4709 times)

Stürmisch Bewegt

Mahler in Paris
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »
Hello Everybody,
I am french and very happy to find a Mahler Discussion Forum. Last month i listened  the Lucerne Festival Orchestra and Claudio Abbado playing M9 in Paris and it was an amazing experience and intense emotion for me.Superlative orchestra, perfect unity; of course i was in tears at the end ,waiting heart beating during the long silence following. One of these uncommon concerts you can say they have changed your life...
Sorry for my bad English
king regards
Mathilde

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
Re: Mahler in Paris
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »
Hello Everybody,
I am french and very happy to find a Mahler Discussion Forum. Last month i listened  the Lucerne Festival Orchestra and Claudio Abbado playing M9 in Paris and it was an amazing experience and intense emotion for me.Superlative orchestra, perfect unity; of course i was in tears at the end ,waiting heart beating during the long silence following. One of these uncommon concerts you can say they have changed your life...
Sorry for my bad English
king regards
Mathilde

Welcome aboard Mathilde...I'm glad to hear your report on the concert. I really wish I could see Abbado someday.

--Todd

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:03:45 AM »
I'm convinced that French Mahlerites play a major role in the overall cause. Boulez and De La Grange are just two huge examples. Welcome aboard, and thank you for that report on the Abbado/L.F.O. Mahler 9.

Barry

Offline Stürmisch Bewegt

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »
H L De la Grange 's biography of Mahler is of course my bible! but it's also a pleasure and a great and affecting moment to attend his conferences .there is a project in 2011 of recording his memories,first on Swiss Radio (perhaps you could listen it on line but it will be in french!), then publishing a cd or dvd or a book.

Offline mahler09

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
Bienvenue Stürmisch Bewegt!  Nous aimons Mahler aussi ici.   La neuvième symphonie est mon favorite et je veux la voir beaucoup. 
- Mahler09

Offline Stürmisch Bewegt

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:18:17 AM »
Each Mahler symphony is my favorite when i'm listening to! as Mahler said after he acheieved one : "ist's my best one". but i also think  that M9 is one of the most incredible music never composed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk