Author Topic: M4 live /M.W. Chung on Arte live web  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Sturmisch Bewegt

M4 live /M.W. Chung on Arte live web
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
Arte live web broadcasts a live performance of M4 by the Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France conducted by his music director Myung-Whun Chung.
Replay available after the live.
http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/Mojca_Erdmann_Orchestre_Philharmonique_Radio_France_Mahler_Festival_de_St_Denis/

Offline Constantin

Re: M4 live /M.W. Chung on Arte live web
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:09:00 PM »
For those with an interest in this aspect:

The colors visible at this performance in Paris are strikingly appropriate for M4: 
BLUE and WHITE.

The BLUE of the lighting and windows helps provide an ambiance of a child's imagination of what heaven would be like.

The WHITE of the dress of the soprano contributes to the impression of an angel addressing the audience.

Yes, the music is always the main thing, but as with food (even heavenly food) presentation makes a large contribution to the enjoyment.
Und ruh' in einem stillen Gebiet

Offline Sturmisch Bewegt

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
I agree but I'm not able to say much about the white of the dress for I listened to the final movement with my eyes closed  ;)

For me last night MWChung was the God of "his angels", as he calls the musicians of the OPRF.

Mahler himself also expressed in words the color blue as being integral for his fourth symphony:

"What I intended was particularly hard to get.  Imagine a uniform blue sky, which is more difficult to express than one with changing and contrasting hues.  That’s the basic atmosphere of the whole work.  Only from time to time, it gets dark and becomes spectral and scary, but it’s not that the sky becomes cloudy, for it shines with an eternal blueness.  It is only that, for us, it becomes suddenly horrifying, as when on a beautiful day in a forest bathed in sunlight, one can still be seized by a feeling of panic and fear."

Offline Sturmisch Bewegt

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »

Offline Russ Smiley

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 04:02:34 AM »
Lovely performance. Thank you for sending the link.
Russ Smiley

Offline Sturmisch Bewegt

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »
Yes, inspired conductor and musicians.
For me a M4 live performance of dream.

Radio broadcast of the concert with a much better sound quality:
http://www.francemusique.fr/emission/le-concert-du-soir/2012-2013/en-direct-de-la-basilique-cathedrale-de-saint-denis-mozart

Offline Roffe

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:29:07 AM »
Lovely performance. Thank you for sending the link.

Ditto. Thank you.

Roffe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk