Author Topic: Guerrero Mahlerabend at The Musical Offering, 11/03  (Read 4976 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Guerrero Mahlerabend at The Musical Offering, 11/03
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »
We're going to have a 'Mahler-abend' at The Musical Offering in Berkeley on Thurs., Nov. 3, based around the Fischer biography book. Actually, the event is sponsored by University Press Bookstore, which is part of the same partnership with The M.O.

I'll be playing various short excerpts, and we're going to try to keep the conversions more informal and 'round-table' like. There might even be some light food provided, but we haven't ironed that detail out with the cafe yet. I want it to stay fun, and not try to focus on Mahler's somewhat strange and slightly tragic biography.

Barry

It's been bumped to November 3.

http://musicaloffering.com/

http://universitypressbooks.com/author-events
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:46:55 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline hrandall

Re: Guerrero Mahlerabend at The Musical Offering, 11/03
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:45:43 PM »
We're going to have a 'Mahler-abend' at The Musical Offering in Berkeley on Thurs., Nov. 3, based around the Fischer biography book. Actually, the event is sponsored by University Press Bookstore, which is part of the same partnership with The M.O.

I'll be playing various short excerpts, and we're going to try to keep the conversions more informal and 'round-table' like. There might even be some light food provided, but we haven't ironed that detail out with the cafe yet. I want it to stay fun, and not try to focus on Mahler's somewhat strange and slightly tragic biography.

Barry

It's been bumped to November 3.

Barry,

Surely you must be planning to record and post on YouTube for those of us not on the "left coast." :)

Cheers,
Herb

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Guerrero Mahlerabend at The Musical Offering, 11/03
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »
I don't think so. If we were, I would want to 'shoot' the food, as were allegedly going to have some type of middle European fare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk