Author Topic: Ivan Fischer/BFO/Mahler 7  (Read 4485 times)

Offline ChrisH

Ivan Fischer/BFO/Mahler 7
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »
I found this from Jared Sacks at Channel Classics on sa-cd.net last night.

In May we are releasing the Mahler 9th. Just finished editing and it sounds fantastic!
Hoping to have the Brahms 4th released in the Fall. (or Tchaikovsky 6th. Let us know what you would like to have after the Mahler.
In September we are recording Mahler 7th. Fans are welcome to come to the sessions in Budapest!
Jared

Offline John Kim

Re: Ivan Fischer/BFO/Mahler 7
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:01:58 AM »
FANTASTIC!!!!!!

I really LIKE Fischer/BFO Bruckner 7th SACD. It belong to the top tier of my favorites of Bruckner Seventh.

I haven't got my hands on their M5th recording though. How is it?

John

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »
I really like the Fischer Bruckner 7 as well. Personally, I think his tempos really work and are something of fresh air for Bruckner.

The Fischer 5th is a recording I really liked initially. I think the recorded sound got me, it's so damn good. After spending some time with it, I've found the movement 1 and 2 to be a bit underwhelming, and maybe underplayed too. The final three movements are excellent, thought out, and really work together.
It's a mixed bag really. 

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
I also thought Fischer's fluent tempo in B7:II works really well, something very refreshing rather than embarrassing. The recorded sound is beyond reproach. I hope I will get my hands on his M5th soon. Fischer's M2nd is a classic!

Have you heard his Brahms 2nd SACD?

John

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
I have not heard the Brahms and, most likely, will not be picking that up. Not a big Brahms fan, to be honest. Fischers Tchaikovsky 4 is stunning, as is his Rach 2nd Symphony. I will be picking up the Tchaikovsky 6 when it comes out, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk