Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Dyolf

Hello again
« on: November 01, 2008, 11:11:43 AM »
Nice to have found the new Mahlerboard. I often logged in to the old one, just as a reference wheather or not to buy a specific recording, and sometimes to post my own oppinion on subjects. This summer I have bought a lot of LP´s from abroad, mostly from the US (back when the Norwegian Kroner had a nice exchange rate), and mostly Mahler. Will comment when the listening season sets in for real.
A few weeks ago Mehta headed the OSLO-forces at the new opera house in M2, and WOW have they got the sonics right in that building. Otherwise there was little new insight in the interpretation.
Have a nice week-end
Steen

OT. Listening at the moment to Faure´s Requiem under Gardiners baton, and this is really great stuff in every way.

Offline Don

Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 01:17:46 PM »
Greetings from Kansas City MO,  Steen! I am Don and a relative newcomer here. Never had the pleasure of the "old" Mahler board but found this one a while back. Will be interested to hear your comments on your new acquisitions.
M10 Fanatic!

john haueisen

Re: Hello again
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
Welcome back, Dyolf.
Since the time when you had not rediscovered the new Mahler board, there have been many comments posted regarding some people's love of LPs.

Look through some of the postings you've missed, and you'll find a lively discussion of the merits of vinyl.
Cheers,
--John H

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk