Author Topic: Happy Birthday!  (Read 13403 times)

Offline mahler09

Re: Happy Birthday!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 01:07:49 AM »
Looks awesome!  Have you listened yet?

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »
Here's a list of what's on it.

http://www.emiclassics.com/releaseabout.php?rid=49764

Thats a really good set!  With all that extra vocal stuff and the Rattle M3 (which I don't have yet and haven't heard) this may be something I'll want.

--Todd

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
"Looks awesome!  Have you listened yet?"

I've listened to a bit, and the sound is quite good. The notes are real small, so it's hard to tell what they're trying to tell you. I think they remastered most of the cuts, but I'm not positive. Yes, there's tons of vocal stuff. I played the first movement of Rattle's M3 last night, and it sounded quite good. The Giulini M1 sounded good too. It's a neat package to just stare at.

Offline GL

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
"Looks awesome!  Have you listened yet?"

I've listened to a bit, and the sound is quite good. The notes are real small, so it's hard to tell what they're trying to tell you. I think they remastered most of the cuts, but I'm not positive. Yes, there's tons of vocal stuff. I played the first movement of Rattle's M3 last night, and it sounded quite good. The Giulini M1 sounded good too. It's a neat package to just stare at.

As the copyrightshows, they used the last remastering of each recording (check tracklist details: http://www.emiclassics.com/releaseabout.php?rid=49764). Consider, for example, the Klemperer M2: the (excellent) digital remastering is the one for the Great recordings of the century series release (in 2000). Giulini M1 is the one remastered in 2004 by EMI France etc...

L.

Offline GL

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »
Here you can listen to and watch the complete concert recorded in Kaliste on July, 7:

http://videos.arte.tv/fr/videos/hommage_a_gustav_mahler-3316512.html

Program:

Totenfeier
A selection of lieder (Thomas Hampson, Ann Sofie von Otter, soloists)
Schluesschoir from the Second Symphony

Prague Philharmonic Choir

Manfred Honeck conducts the Mahler Chamber Orchestra.

Enjoy!

Luca

Offline Michael

• Adagio Appassionato, Addolorato A Niente
    • My Railroad Audio Recordings
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
Interestingly, they used the 1996 M6 remaster instead of the 2002 remaster for the Great Recordings of the Century series.  Anyone know why?
I have the GROTC release from 2007 of M6 and Metamorphosen and AmazonMP3 indicated a 2002 remastering in each movement title, so that's where I'm getting that from.
Michael

Offline waderice

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »
Here you can listen to and watch the complete concert recorded in Kaliste on July, 7:

http://videos.arte.tv/fr/videos/hommage_a_gustav_mahler-3316512.html

Program:

Totenfeier
A selection of lieder (Thomas Hampson, Ann Sofie von Otter, soloists)
Schluesschoir from the Second Symphony

Prague Philharmonic Choir

Manfred Honeck conducts the Mahler Chamber Orchestra.

Enjoy!

Luca

Do you have to become a "member", pay a fee, and login, in order to view the concert?  I've waited for five minutes, waiting for the video to stream onto my computer monitor.

Wade

Offline Zoltan

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
Do you have to become a "member", pay a fee, and login, in order to view the concert?  I've waited for five minutes, waiting for the video to stream onto my computer monitor.

No login or registration needed.

arte is a German-French TV channel and they broadcasted the concert last night, and some of their programmes are available on-line. I didn't start at my place either; could be that it's not really available yet, or too many people trying.

Offline mahler09

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 10:29:18 AM »
It wouldn't load for me either....

Offline Zoltan

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »
Checked it again. It works for me now!

Offline mahler09

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
Hm... maybe it was just too busy when I tried.  I'll give it another go later when I have time.

Offline GL

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 09:43:41 AM »
Interestingly, they used the 1996 M6 remaster instead of the 2002 remaster for the Great Recordings of the Century series.  Anyone know why?
I have the GROTC release from 2007 of M6 and Metamorphosen and AmazonMP3 indicated a 2002 remastering in each movement title, so that's where I'm getting that from.

Even Klemperer's Das Lied is not in its last remastering. Perhaps they need to empty their warehouse...

L.

Offline mahler09

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 10:18:24 AM »
It likely had something to do with copyright and which version they were able to post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk