Author Topic: New to gustavmahlerboard.com  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Serpentor

New to gustavmahlerboard.com
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:07:22 PM »
I hope it´s OK to start a topic to introduce yourself  :) My name is Marcel and I live in The Netherlands. I am a passionate admirer of Mahler. I was 17 when I first encountered this wonderful composer. Now, 14 years later, my respect and love for Mahler hasn't diminished a single bit. I felt I wanted to pay tribute to Mahler and I started several projects about Mahler on the internet. Eight years ago I started a website containing many links to Mahler related websites (http://mahler.startpagina.nl) and this year, the 100th anniversary of Mahler's death, I started a website with the goal to collect Mahler CD and DVD reviews from all over the web. Feel free to browse through this site (http://www.mahlerreviews.com) and if you like to contribute your reviews, you are most welcome  ;)

I will try and participate more on this board, it's always good to 'meet' fellow Mahler lovers  :D My favorite recordings? The Bernstein Sony Mahler 7th (in both remasterings) and the Bernstein Sony Mahler 3rd (also both remasterings)  ;D

Offline John Kim

Re: New to gustavmahlerboard.com
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »
Welcome to the board, Marcel! :D

Indeed, your website looks pretty interesting.

Regards,

John,

Offline Roffe

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 04:10:43 PM »
Although my Dutch is a little bit rusty (to say the least), I agree with John, that your website looks promising. I look forward to explore it further. Welcome to the board.

Roffe

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
Welcome Marcel! 

Another Board Member based out of Prague had started a similar project a few years ago.  I believe his project also attempted to keep reviews of live concerts and radio rips.   I'm not sure if her ever completed his project though. 

Good luck and welcome aboard! 
Scott

Offline sbugala

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:37 AM »
Welcome to the board!

Sincerely,
Steven

Offline Freddy van Maurik

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:25:25 PM »
Welcome, fellow countyman!
Are you a member of the Dutch Mahler Society already (www.gustavmahlerstichting.nl)? Sorry, but I'm just trying to tempt you, as I'm a member of the board there.

Maybe we'll meet at a Mahler-activity sometime!

Cheers,
Freddy

Offline Serpentor

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »
Welcome, fellow countyman!
Are you a member of the Dutch Mahler Society already (www.gustavmahlerstichting.nl)? Sorry, but I'm just trying to tempt you, as I'm a member of the board there.

Hi Freddy, thanks for the welcome, I visit the Dutch Mahler Society quite regularly but I never knew they have a board.

It's always nice to meet fellow Dutch Mahler fans, our country has been Mahler-mad since Mengelberg  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk