Author Topic: Jukka-Pekka Saraste  (Read 5239 times)

Offline pgmdir

Jukka-Pekka Saraste
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
I've been lurking around this site for quite a while, and I thought I'd pass along my own recent discovery----  I'm a Mahler freak with a huge number of CD's and SACD's of fine performances.  About a year ago, on a whim, I decided to try a used copy of a Virgin budget realease of Saraste conducting M5.  I was in love!  My previous M5 favorite was Boulez, although I have about 15 others I wouldn't be without.  I was so knocked out by the Saraste M5,  I started watching out for any other Mahler from him.   I recently picked up his M6 and M9 releases--on different labels, and I love them both. Fischer's still my favorite in M6, but this one is close.  It's with the Oslo Philharmonic on Simax.    And the M9 with the WDR Symphony on Profil is wonderful as well.  Both Barry and I reviewed the 6 on Amazon.  Anyway--- some off the beaten path Mahler to try from Saraste.

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Jukka-Pekka Saraste
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
He has a very good reputation in Scandinavia. Indeed, I think his M6 is among the better ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Symphony-6-Mahler/dp/B004DDKPEQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1352444201&sr=1-1&keywords=mahler+symphony+6+saraste
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:57:50 AM by barry guerrero »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk