Author Topic: Question= How do I insert a picture file in my message?  (Read 6607 times)

Offline John Kim

Question= How do I insert a picture file in my message?
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:17:37 PM »
I tried the "Insert Image" option but it won't work. How do you people do this?

Thanks.

John

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
Re: Question= How do I insert a picture file in my message?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:47:56 PM »
John, this is how Scott has described the process in an earlier thread:

-Find a picture on the internet.

-Right click on the picture, which will bring up a Windows dialog box and then left click on properties. 

-There should be a small window containing several information boxes, one of which will show the web address of the picture.  Use your mouse to highlight/color this address, right click again to bring up another dialog box and then left click on copy.

-Go back to your post and right click to bring up a dialog box and left click on paste, in order to paste the message into the body of your post. 

-Now color/highlight the web address that you have just pasted into your post, and left click on the image icon (located just above and to the right of the winking smiley icon).  You will now notice IMG surrounding the web address. 

-If done properly, the picture will show up in your message preview. 

Hope this helps!

--Leo

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:42:42 AM »
I have my picture on my PC. When I copy it from the PC and try the following

-Go back to your post and right click to bring up a dialog box and left click on paste, in order to paste the message into the body of your post. 

nothing gets pasted inside the message box.

It appears I can copy & paste only words but not pictures.

So, what's wrong??

John,

Offline Jeff Wozniak

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 04:36:21 AM »
It doesn't look like this message board has an option for uploading pictures. I think doing what Leo has shown, which is what I do, is the only way here.

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »
John, if you want to upload from your PC, you must use a website that "hosts" your photos...I use imageshack:

http://imageshack.us/

They have instructions on the first page...and you don't need to register to upload an image.  After your image uploads, imageshack will provide many addresses of your image, and you choose the one that will suit your needs, in this case, find the address called "direct link to image"...after highlighting the address, go back here and paste the address in your post, highlight address and click on image button...

Hopefully this helps!

--Leo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk