Author Topic: Inbal M2 TMSO  (Read 6694 times)

Offline hrandall

Inbal M2 TMSO
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
I just noticed that there is an Exton SACD release of Inbal's M2 with the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra. Being a big fan of Inbal's M8 with the same orchestra, and increasingly, of his M2 with the Frankfurt Radio SO, I'm curious what your opinions might be of this recording? How would you compare it to the FRSO version he recorded earlier?

Thanks,
Herb

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
Re: Inbal M2 TMSO
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
I may be the only one here that owns the Inbal/TMSO M2 (and also the M3, and the Czech PO M5).  It's been a while since I listened to it, so I cannot provide any details.  It didn't make the same impact on me as the M8 from these troops (as I've mentioned before, their M8 is far and away my favorite M8), but it was quite enjoyable.   My HT/Music listening room has been under constant remodeling this summer, so I've had few opportunities to listen to music. 

Of the three newest Inbal releases from Exton, I found the M5 to make the best first impression -- and I've only had a chance to listen to each of the M2, M3, and M5 once. 

Sorry I cannot be of much help here.   
Scott

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:04:50 AM »
Unless Inbal has made two recent M5 recordings, his Exton one is with the Czech Phil.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »
Of the three newest Inbal releases from Exton, I found the M5 to make the best first impression -- and I've only had a chance to listen to each of the M2, M3, and M5 once. 

Sorry I cannot be of much help here.   
Scott,

Are you sure about this?

Someone sometime ago mentioned he wasn't much impressed with Inbal's new M5th with CPO. ???

John

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »
Scott,
Are you sure about this?
John

No.   ;D

It is a six-weeks-removed recollection of a first impression. 

Scott

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
The Inbal/CPO M5 is very interesting, but it's not perfectly played by any means. The Kobayashi/CPO one is more cleanly executed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk