Author Topic: Seatle Mariners set a new record of 30 scoreless innings (OOT)  (Read 9991 times)

Offline John Kim

Madness! Madness! >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'(

They are freeeeeeeeeeeee faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalling....all the way to the bottom.

PATHETIC, PATHETIC, PATHETIC, PATHETIC.

Next in the action:

They will fire the manager Mr. Wedge instead of the all those pathetic players, Ichiro, Smoak, Figgins, Peguero, Kennedy, etc.

The truth is that he has done the best he could and there is little to blame him for. Poor guy :-[.

Put the pitchers Hernandez, Fister, Bedard on the mound as DHs, they can hit better than the bunch of idiots! :P :P :P

Barry: what would Giants fans do if they're in this situation? Sabotage? The Mariners fans are fool as they keep coming to the Safeco Field. Can you believe that?

John,
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:29:02 PM by John Kim »

Offline Russell

Re: Seatle Mariners set a new record of 30 scoreless innings (OOT)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »
I feel for ya, John.  It's not much better (if at all) being an A's fan.....

Russell

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
I feel for ya, John.  It's not much better (if at all) being an A's fan.....

Russell
Russel,

Don't worry. Soon A's will rise to the third in the Western division. ;) ;)

John,

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
They will have 6 games road trio next against Toronto, Boston, and YES!, New York!! :D :D :D :-[ :-[ :-[.

6 more losses will add up to total of 15 consecutive losses!!

...going, going,....GONE!

"You can't stop what's coming"

- from <No Country for Old Men>

hehehe
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:13:47 PM by John Kim »

Offline waderice

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
Scoreless innings may be the immediate pain, but it's losses that matter.  No amount of losses by the Seattle Mariners equals those by any Washington, DC baseball team, the old American League Senators and the current National League Nationals combined.  No Washington, DC baseball team has ever come close to getting in, or succeeding in any post-season playoff derby since the 1920's.  Even the downtrodden Chicago Cubs have come closer to a championship in recent memory than any Washington, DC baseball team.  At least Seattle fans have fond memories of doing decent during the regular season, if only partially post-season.  To add further insult to injury, think of the pain of doing without a major league team for 35 years in your own home town and having to go to the next nearby town (Baltimore) to "cheer" for a team whose native sports fans care not even a hoot (in fact, hate) anything to do with Washington teams.  That's the baseball pain that native-born people of Washington, DC have had to endure.  If you do the research, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I can't remember the name of the exact individual in the myth, but whomever he was, there was this guy who had to push a burden up a hill every day and never made it to the top, only to have to start again at the bottom the next day, to repeat the endless cycle of going up that hill.  For natives of Washington, DC who are baseball fans, it's a bit like that.  So be happy with what Seattle did in the not-too-distant past, with Ken Griffey.  Memories are good for the soul.

Wade

Offline James Meckley

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »
It was King Sisyphus.

James
"We cannot see how any of his music can long survive him."
Henry Krehbiel, New York Tribune obituary of Gustav Mahler

Offline John Kim

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
Scoreless innings may be the immediate pain, but it's losses that matter.  No amount of losses by the Seattle Mariners equals those by any Washington, DC baseball team, the old American League Senators and the current National League Nationals combined.  No Washington, DC baseball team has ever come close to getting in, or succeeding in any post-season playoff derby since the 1920's.  Even the downtrodden Chicago Cubs have come closer to a championship in recent memory than any Washington, DC baseball team.  At least Seattle fans have fond memories of doing decent during the regular season, if only partially post-season.  To add further insult to injury, think of the pain of doing without a major league team for 35 years in your own home town and having to go to the next nearby town (Baltimore) to "cheer" for a team whose native sports fans care not even a hoot (in fact, hate) anything to do with Washington teams.  That's the baseball pain that native-born people of Washington, DC have had to endure.  If you do the research, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I can't remember the name of the exact individual in the myth, but whomever he was, there was this guy who had to push a burden up a hill every day and never made it to the top, only to have to start again at the bottom the next day, to repeat the endless cycle of going up that hill.  For natives of Washington, DC who are baseball fans, it's a bit like that.  So be happy with what Seattle did in the not-too-distant past, with Ken Griffey.  Memories are good for the soul.

Wade
Seattle Mariners & Washington Nationals are the ONLY TWO MLB teams that have NEVER advanced to WS.

So, go figure! >:( ;D >:(

Offline waderice

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »
Seattle Mariners & Washington Nationals are the ONLY TWO MLB teams that have NEVER advanced to WS.

So, go figure! >:( ;D >:(

The National League Nationals have only played 6½ seasons in DC, and as the Expos, never did get to the WS.  When the old American League Senators last won the WS, that was in 1924, who became the Twins in 1961 (you know how well the Twins have done).  At least the old Senators did appear in the WS in 1925 and 1933.  The expansion American League Senators after 1961 lasted until 1971, when they became the Texas Rangers (you know how well that team has done).  DC was without ANY MLB baseball team from 1971 until 2005 (34 years).  Bottom line:  DC has had next-to-nothing to cheer about, baseball-wise, since 1924, obviously WELL before my time, and most anyone else still alive around here.

Look at these links, and you can see the baseball misery that has reigned in this town for almost 85 years:  http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/al/wasdc/nats.html and http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/al/wastex/senators61.html

As I said earlier, if you have happy baseball memories of your favorite team, relish and enjoy them.  We have none in DC. :'(

Wade
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:24:17 AM by waderice »

Offline John Kim

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 05:43:35 AM »
11 consecutive losses!

And at least 7 more to go: 1 in Toronto, 3 in Boston, 3 in NY!! ;D ;D ;D

Then what? Back in home against Tampa Bay!!

So, 7+3=10 more => 21 consecutive losses.

Wait, that won't be a new record yet. The most consecutive losses by any MLB team was 26 or 27. :o :o

haha

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 04:37:44 PM »
if it's ANY consolation, the Giants SHOULD have won that game yesterday, where they lost to Billingsly (Dodgers) 1-0. Giants keep winning but their offense is pathetic.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05:34 AM »
Mariners are writing a new chapter in MLB history every day. They LOST again today making this streak a 12 consecutive losses. It's the most in MLB this season and it's far from over. Virtually everyone expects they will lose 6 more in a row.

What makes the Toronto games worse than before is that the offense seems to be coming back slowly their pitching is going down!!

John,

Offline John Kim

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 03:00:14 AM »
Now it's 14th straight losses, a tie with the franchise record in 1992.

What's worse, it's FAR FROM over yet. AT LEAST they will lose 4 more in a row making it 18 straight losses (another game vs. Boston tomorrow followed by 3 in NY).

You know what ? It could be 21 because after the NY games they play against Tampa Bay.

21!! Can anyone believe any team in today's MLB can achieve such a lofty goal? Yes, you gotta believe in Mariners for it!! ;D ;) :D

Hey, after I flipped my perspective I have been actually enjoying their games, a loss after another and forever!!

It's so hilarious!!

Common, Mariners, bring in more losses!!

I LOVE IT!

John,
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:04:53 AM by John Kim »

Offline John Kim

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 01:10:51 AM »
Mission completed!! ;D :D

15 straight losses.

New mission - 18 straight losses. This time it will be easier with the Yanks - I can see Jeter smiling down there already ;).

Hey, I really enjoy watching this ball club!

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
hey, you beat the dreaded Yankees!   :D

We picked up Carlos Beltran, and not a moment too soon.  :D

Offline david johnson

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 06:53:58 PM »
hey, i can play that badly.  i'll do it for half starter play.  where in seattle do i sign up?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk