Author Topic: Piano version of "ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen"  (Read 5186 times)

Offline Stürmisch Bewegt

Piano version of "ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen"
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »
I have recorded my "baryton " piano version of "ich bin der Welt" . Here is the link to the mp3 file :

http://nwkidk.1fichier.com/

Offline hrandall

Re: Piano version of "ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
Another wonderful performance!

Thank you so much for sharing.

Best
Herb

Offline Constantin

Re: Piano version of "ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen"
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Breathtakingly beautiful!

I must confess that I've only come to know some of Mahler's Lieder in just this past year.
I used to regard them simply as songs that Mahler wrote before he matured into symphonies, but of course now I see that they were the seeds from which the symphonies developed--and so brilliant and compact in themselves.

Perhaps because now I know by heart, the words to "ich bin der Welt" it was easy to hear them, right here beside the song of the piano.  The song is so hauntingly lovely--a sort of resignation to dropping out of the world and all its heartaches and the things that seem important to the hustle and bustle of everyday life. 

In this lonely song, for me Mahler has given me an opportunity to share a desire to come out of the sadnesses of the world, and escape from it...to find a very touching beauty if not happiness in this song.

Thank you, SB.
Und ruh' in einem stillen Gebiet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk