General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

**FIXED** (hopefully) HACKED SEARCH FUNCTION - 4/13

<< < (2/5) > >>

Constantin:
If it is of help, on American keyboards, the u with an umlaut is produced using the Alt key + 0252

Alt + 0252 should produce the umlauted u   ?

Constantin:
But I see from my posting above that the umlauted u that I typed appears above as a question mark.

waderice:

--- Quote from: Constantin on April 15, 2012, 01:18:12 PM ---If it is of help, on American keyboards, the u with an umlaut is produced using the Alt key + 0252

--- End quote ---

I produced the umlauted "u" using alt + 129:  ?

This is from a reliable chart I've used for 20+ years and comes from the DOS years.   ;)

Wade

James Meckley:
I just generated an umlaut and a dozen or so other common diacritics with my Mac. They each rendered as a question mark when posted, though they had appeared as intended in the message preview window. I hope this is only a temporary glitch.

James

waderice:

--- Quote from: waderice on April 15, 2012, 03:17:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Constantin on April 15, 2012, 01:18:12 PM ---If it is of help, on American keyboards, the u with an umlaut is produced using the Alt key + 0252

--- End quote ---

I produced the umlauted "u" using alt + 129:  ?

This is from a reliable chart I've used for 20+ years and comes from the DOS years.   ;)

Wade

--- End quote ---

What appeared as an umlauted "u" in my earlier post now appears as a question mark.  There definitely is still a glitch.  For the time being, maybe we should use "e" after the "u", "o", or "a".

Wade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version