Author Topic: Suitner M2  (Read 7333 times)

Offline Clov

Suitner M2
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:12:56 AM »
Buying this was very reasonable on Amazon mp3. I think I'd mentioned this recording long ago on this site under a different member name. I really think this is a truely excellent M2. There is something about the first movement that adds to the intense implications of the music. I really can't even say what is. I don't know if it has to do with the way it was recorded or what, maybe paying closer attentions to the strings, string bass and precussions somehow through a type of munipulation or device setup? It is a shame how little I know of audio aspect, I need to atleast get a basic knowledge. This has become my favorite stereo M2. I especially notice the brilliance of this recording with movements 1 and 3, but on a whole it is excellent.

Big fan of the Vaclav Neumann M9 Leipzig, also very reasonable on Amazon mp3.
'A man of means by no means.' - Roger Miller

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Suitner M2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:02:42 AM »
As I recall, the Suitner has some real nice sounding, deep pitched bells bonging away at the end. For my money, Suitner was an excellent Bruckner conductor.

Offline Clov

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »
^ the two above and also the Lorenz/Lieder disc and the Sanderling M10, I got all of these from the berlinclassics label at the amazon mp3 for cheap. The Sanderling got lost in my digital shufflings unfortunately.  :(

Offline Clov

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:08:30 PM »
I was out and about at one point, had little option but to be buy from Amazon mp3, giving me the option for download to microsd on phone or doing the cloud, I chose microsd.  :-\

I thought I'd lost a good deal from my own mistakes, turns out not so, putting them on my computer now.  ;D

The K. Sanderling Cooke is back, aswell as many other awesome mp3 I thought lost forever.  ;)

I feel my tiny techno learnings patting my frugality on the back...

'delusions of elequence' - Sin City

8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:11:04 PM by Clov »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk