Author Topic: Petra Lang in DLVdE  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
Petra Lang in DLVdE
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »
If you're a fan of Petra Lang (like me) you may like this broadcast.  I've been listening to this lately and have found this performance quite "spring" like and refreshing...the snow is melting and the rain is getting warmer.  Still, "April is the cruelest month" as Eliot says, and thats in here too.  Lang is great in here...it's great to hear her in more than one song (as we get in the 2nd and 3rd symphonies).  She sounds inspired in the final movement especially, and so does Zagrosek (the conductor).  The instrumental detail is also quite nice in every movement.  Jonas Kaufmann works rather well with Lang...it's a good pairing:

Gustav Mahler
Das Lied von der Erde - Sinfonie für Alt- und Tenor-Solo
und Orchester

Jonas Kaufmann (Tenor)
Petra Lang (Alt)
Conductor Lothar Zagrosek

Berliner Sinfonie-Orchester

Konzerthaus, Berlin
12 January 2006

http://rapidshare.com/files/13876004/DasLied_12.1.2006.rar

(this photo reminds me of the interesting "separation" between the singers in DLVdE)

--Leo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:54:20 PM by Leo K »

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Petra Lang in DLVdE
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 03:50:06 AM »
Is that Watraud Meier? That doesn't really look like Petra Lang to me. Anyway, that looks to be a rather promising "DLvdE".

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
Re: Petra Lang in DLVdE
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:29:54 AM »
Thats an image I got when I Googled Petra's name, from a performance of Parsifal I think.  I'm pretty sure it's her.

This DlVdE is really good, even better on the 2nd hearing.  The mandelin in the final movement is amazing, I thought it was a Kyoto or something.

--Leo
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:49:30 AM by Leo K »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk