Author Topic: Dudamel/L.A. Phil M6 to be broadcast on KUSC the week of June 7  (Read 3592 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Here's the KUSC schedule. Don't miss this.

http://www.kusc.org/socalsundaynight/lapo/index.aspx

Offline AZContrabassoon

Re: Dudamel/L.A. Phil M6 to be broadcast on KUSC the week of June 7
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
Thanks for mentioning this. Fortunately for those of us who don't have KUSC on our cable service, the concerts will be available for streaming on the website.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 02:26:17 AM »
I heard Dudamel/LAPO M6th live in Seoul, Korea this past spring. It was a very fine reading and performance. I have no particular quibbling about the way Dudamel led the concert.

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »
It's on NOW! I sampled just a little bit - the sound quality is very good. I liked what little I heard. There's quite a bit of talking at the start, so you can move the cursor down a ways to get into the symphony. Happy listening.

Mvt. 1 : Excellent. As good as I've ever heard it. Good sounding and fully audible cowbells.

Mvt. II (Andante): Very good. The BEST 'Alpine' passage I've ever heard (ascending unison horns, onstage cowbells, solo trumpet, swirling tremolos in the violins).

Mvt. III (scherzo) : extremely good - nearly as good as it is on the recent Chailly/Leipzig dvd. In fact, it's even better in some spots.

Finale: I greatly look forward to owning this on cd (DG). Two hammer strokes.

Do try to hear this, but skip all the yacking (unless you want to hear what they have to say).

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:37:55 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 06:37:16 AM »
Bump. I strongly urge everyone to give this a listen. The sound quality is really quite good as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk